Friday 8 April 2016

Task 5a- Ethics


Hello Everyone,

After reading reader 5, I have come to the conclusion that ethics and a person’s moral values are similar. This dawned on me after completing one of the activities from reader 5.

The activity was to list the Virtues/Moral of yourself and then what is expected in your workplace. This is what I came up with!

Personal
Professional
Kindness
Commitment
Respect
Diligence
Patience
Discipline
Ambition
Excellence
Benevolence
Honesty
Caring
Persistence
Creativity
Respect
Empathy
Reliability
Reliability
Trustworthiness
Trustworthiness
Empathy
Honesty
Creativity
Commitment
Caring

Kindness



As you can see above the adjectives highlighted in yellow are the ones that I have deemed for my virtues/morals personally and for the ones at work.

When thinking about the type of ethics that my work establishment hold, I think these would be a part of them. As I work in a school I think the ethics my work place holds, is both for yourself but also for the wellbeing of its pupils and the staff body.

1.       Confidentiality

2.       Create a caring and supportive learning environment for children

3.       Honesty

4.       Safeguarding

I am sure there are a lot more but these are the ones that come into my mind straight away.

Thanks for reading.

Cassie V.

No comments:

Post a Comment