Sunday 18 September 2016

First Skype Session 16.9.16


Welcome back everyone!

New Term, New Module, New Discoveries!

On Friday evening the skype orientation session took place. The session was joined by module 2 and 3 student’s. It was a great first skype session because everyone was very enthusiastic to get back into the BAPP. I found it particularly helpful because it set a clear structure of what the first steps are in the next module.

To begin with, Adesola covered a set of steps to begin the new term that could be used for either Module 2 or 3.

1.       Look at your last module feedback- Look at what worked and what didn’t work in your last module. What did you find was useful and what wasn’t useful?

2.       Organisation

3.       Look at the next module- Handbook etc.

She also mentioned, that whatever happened in the previous module, this next module is a new beginning! Don’t regret what you didn’t do in the previous module, take what you have learnt and apply it to the new module.

4.       Once you have looked at the handbook, come to terms with what your end product must be. Look at the assessment what they must contain and the amount of time you have to complete each section. As well as adding extra time when you organise for drafts to be sent and received back to edit.

5.       Reconnect with the BAPP community whether that be blogs, Facebooks pages and or SIG groups.

I found this incredibly helpful because I now know where to start with Module 3. Personally, I am feeling quite anxious with how module 3 will turn out. But during the skype session Adesola mentioned that-

‘’Module 3 is where you carry out what you thought to happen from your Module 2 inquiry plan.’’

Further in the conversation it was suggested that Module 3 is to find out what works and what doesn’t work. Through module 3 you should be able to begin discovering practitioner research and endeavouring to use ideas. Again as Adesola stated on her blog-

‘’It is not about doing exactly what you said you would do (if it is exactly as you thought why bother doing it!!!). It about learning form the activity of trying to do an inquiry.’’ http://adesolaa.blogspot.co.uk/

Overall, I found this skype session has set me on the right track to start this module. Focus on organisation and what you have to actually do.

Welcome back everybody!

Cassie

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cassie, thank you so much for this summary. Unfortunately I missed most of the talk on Friday due to my Skype not working. Very frustrating!
    Anyhow, your blog post was very helpful! Now I feel slightly less nervous about Module 2 and have a clearer idea about how/where to start. I am probably not the only one who doesn't know yet what their inquiry is going to be about (which is worrying!) but I am hoping that all this will get clearer at a later stage..

    May I pls just ask you? You(and Adesola) mentioned something about looking at the last module feedback. Would you know where to find that feedback? I'm sorry to bother you with this. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristina,

    Oh that must have been so frustrating. That's why I really appreciate how they ask everybody who was able to attend to do a blog post on what happened, because there will definitely be a time where not everybody in the module can make it.
    I know the exact stress your feeling about not knowing what your inquiry topic will be. My advice would be to focus in on what you truly find interesting at your practise, even if its the smallest thing and then start to google some queries you have. That's how I found my inquiry topic anyway!
    No worries at all, I have always got my feedback via email.
    Thank you for the comment!
    Good Luck for Module 2!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cassie,

    I am sorry for the delayed reply. Thank you for your advice reg. how to find my inquiry topic. Very helpful! Good luck with Module 3:-).

    ReplyDelete