Saturday 10 October 2015

Time.


Hi Everyone,

So it’s been a while since my first post. There is one simple reason for this. Time. There is so little time in a day when you have so many things to organise. This has been one of my biggest struggles this week. Making sure I have enough time to complete everything I have set out to achieve. This week, I didn't achieve everything I wanted too. My blog suffered from my lack of time skills, which I have learnt a lot about this week.

Being newly introduced to the professional world, I have realised, even if you are a small cog in the works of the grand scheme of things, if you’re not there to keep the machine working, it all falls apart. The professional world in my opinion is a team full of interlinking connections that hold it up. This week I saw first-hand what can happen if one piece is missing, it’s manageable but its hard work for the team to carry on. But on top of that you also have other commitments such as exams, second jobs, blogging and life in general. The incident I talk about didn’t include me but another colleague and I could see the strain that it took on them throughout the week. It made me reflect on my time skill management that I have for my place in the professional world. I realised I wasn’t doing everything I could to stay on top of things. To rectify this, this weekend, I decided to write everything down, set myself deadlines, made goals and most importantly to ask for help when I need it. I hope what I have set out this weekend will help me achieve everything I want to this week. As they say-

‘’By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail’’

- Benjamin Franklin (Inc., 2015)

All anyone can do is their best, with the time they have. I aim to make sure I use every single moment of time to its full advantage.

Thanks again for reading,

Cassie V.

(Hoping for a better week of Management)

Bibliography

Inc., G. R. (2015, October 10). Benjamin Franklin > Quotes > Quotable Quote. Retrieved from Good Reads: http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/15061-by-failing-to-prepare-you-are-preparing-to-fail

No comments:

Post a Comment