Friday 16 October 2015

Module 1. Task 1a.


Hello Everyone,

So after my three years at college, and now being newly introduced to the professional world. I can confidently say that C.V.’s are one of the most important factors when applying for a job in any industry. A C.V. is the employer’s first opportunity to glance at your skills that you would provide to the job as well, as an insight to your personality.

In high school and Dance College we learnt how to write and present a C.V. in a more professional manner. Rather than saying- ‘Hi, my names Cassie and I would really love this job because….’ We learnt how to set out all the material, in an informative way. In my earlier post I talked about how time in the day is so tight trying to fit all your goals in. So one of my main objectives while creating/editing my C.V. is to make sure that all the important information is easily found. For me, I like to make all my contact details in bold, so that it’s just that little bit easier to find. Even though, it’s a small amount of time that would have been saved, it’s saved time nonetheless.

I have been dancing since I was four years old, and have been dancing semi-professional/professionally since I was about 14 years old. The majority of my performance work has been in Dubai. Flash mobs, conference performances and events have been some of the highlights that I have been able to dance at with ‘Diverse Choreography’. Most of the performances can be found on YouTube. Below is some of the work I have done.

Theatre Credits
Production
Role
Theatre
Director
Lenova GITEX Flash mob

Dancer
World Trade Centre, Dubai, U.A.E
Scott Marshall
Hilton Fashion Show Flash mob

Dancer
Marriott Hotel
Scott Marshall
Motorola Flash mob

Dancer
Dubai Mall
Scott Marshall
Dubai Airport Flash mob, DXB Connect (YouTube) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yXy4YGOyvU

Dancer
Dubai Airport, Dubai, U.A.E
Scott Marshall
Armani Hotel Flash mob

Dancer
Armani Hotel Dubai, U.A.E
Scott Marshall
Harvey Nichols Flash mob- Harvey Nichols Facebook page http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFJnqJh6z2U

Dancer
Mall of the Emirates, Dubai, U.A.E
Scott Marshall
 U.A.E National Day Parade

Assistant Choreographer
Mirdif City Centre, Dubai, U.A.E
Scott Marshall
Brave Heart Foundation Charity Flash mob

Dancer
Mina Al Salam Dubai, U.A.E
Scott Marshall

























  



On the other side of my professional career in the arts industry, I fell in love with teaching. During year 12 and 13, to complete a part of my course I had to fulfil 50 hours of service. I decided to be an assistant teacher at my dance school. I finished my 50 hours requirement, but continued on with helping out in classes. It made me realise that even though I love performing, I also love being able to teach dance. At the moment, I am teaching a dance class at a school in Dubai, while as well working at an established school in Dubai as an assistant teacher.

Throughout all my applications that I have made for jobs, I have always had to include a C.V. and a headshot. A C.V. and a headshot goes hand in hand when applying for a job. It is especially important in the arts industry as in this industry, how you present yourself is extremely vital, as your specific look could be the exact representation they are looking for in the role available. It also gives a base recognition for that first audition/interview. Below are some of my head shots by Simon Mayhew it was a great experience and I can highly recommend him!










Thanks for reading,


Cassie V.





  

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Cassie - these considerations seem basic for professional communication and you have presented them clearly.

    ReplyDelete